Tell your young snowman builders that they have been hired for the job. Then enjoy the following steps together ...
1. Design the snowman you wish to create on paper together.
2. Discuss what items you would need to complete your snowman. You may need to add clothing, such as a hat or scarf, or items to use for facial features or limbs, such as branches or a carrot for a nose.
If you live in a climate without snow, this discussion may complete the activity; however, if you have snow in your neighbourhood for building, gather the required items together to begin the building experience.
You may also wish to 'paint' your snowman by mixing food colour with water and puting it in a spray bottle. If so, remember to keep the spray away from clothing to avoid staining.
3. Bundle up and begin implementing your design.
4. Have your child(ren) take a photograph or draw a picture of the snowman so that you can remember your snowman.
1. Compare the after photo or picture of your snowman, with your original design. Discuss the similarities and differences.
2. Research the snow sculptures/snowmen which other people and professionals have created on the internet. Discuss your favourite finds, and what makes each appeal or not appeal to you.