Roasted pumpkin seeds can be a healthy snack to give the trick-or-treaters, before they head out in search of candy. This particular recipe uses egg whites instead of the usual butter or oil required in most roasted pumpkin recipes.
You will need:
·1 egg white
·¼ cup white sugar
·½ teaspoon fine grained sea salt
·1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds (washed and dried)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (Parchment paper is an alternative).
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg white, sugar and salt.
4. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss well. Drain off any excess egg white (using a colander) and place seeds in a single layer across prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until seeds are golden in colour.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Seeds may be kept up to 3 days in an airtight container.